Monday, May 11, 2009

The Bippity Boppity Boobs

On Saturday I had the opportunity to participate in The Race for a Cure with my mom, sisters and wonderful friends. It was a very touching experience. There were over 18,000 people that participated in this event. It was very emotional to think that everyone there had been touched by cancer is some way. It was a very special day with some very special women. I am so grateful that I have my mom with me to do all of these great things. We had a wonderful weekend. We all laughed and cried.


My sister Lisa made this celebration cake. We drove down to Salt Lake City Friday afternoon. We went to dinner at Cafe Rio and then came back to the room for cake!

Sheri and Linda (our survivor and friend)

Me, my mom and friend Theresa just before our 5k began.


Our group. We were team "Bippity Boppity Boobs." This is a very special group of ladies and I am very honored to be part of it.

4 comments:

Bowler Family said...

Angie, that is so awesome!! I got tears just looking at the pictures! Cancer is an awful thing that hurts so many people! I hope they can find a cure soon! Looks like it was an amazing experience!

Ryan and Heather said...

That is so cool. My mom is a breast cancer survivor, so that just brought tears to my eyes. What a neat thing to do with your mom!

Browning Buzz said...

What a great first 5K to do - for breast cancer! Way to go! I wish I could say I have done a 5K!

Congrats on the 5k!

Shari said...

What a great experience! I'm glad you were able to go.